Monday, January 28, 2013

Meet Your Bloggers!


Begin shedding your coats and long-sleeved tops because Gainesville is about to get haute. Spring brings sunny skies and vibrant hues, but most importantly the 6th annual Gainesville Fashion Week.  An event so amazing that it stretches over four days, GFW features the best that fashion, art and music have to offer.
 
The festivities, beginning April 3rd, include exclusive, invitation-only events and parties, open art shows and ticketed runway shows. The weekend will be teeming with local and national designers in addition to showcasing many boutiques, businesses and vendors.

As your GFW bloggers of 2013, we have taken it upon ourselves to be your eyes and ears of Gainesville, reporting on the latest trends and updating you on under-the-radar events that will surely make this spring the best yet.

Want to get involved? Contact us about becoming a sponsor. Are you tall, love to play dress-up and can strike a fierce pose? Over the next week, our stylish group of fashion enthusiasts will be strutting around UF and downtown Gainesville promoting our February 3rd Model Casting Call.

Getting excited? Good. Now keep up with the fun.


Meet your 2013 GFW bloggers!

Niko:
I came to fashion by way of makeup. As a working makeup artist, I’ve learned so much about trend and culture. Fashion is, at a certain level, “people and parties,” but it’s so much more than that.

Whether on your face or in the clothes you wear, fashion both expresses the person you want to be and signifies your connection with this moment in history. To me, fashion is so much more than just looking cute: It’s seizing a fleeting opportunity to participate in the world as it is today, which may be completely different from how it is tomorrow.

That’s the message I want to get across to people, and I’m honored to be a part of GFW to do just that.

Xx Niko

Chin Chin:
Having grown up in Gainesville (not exactly the fashion capital) fashion has become my way of expression. It represents not only who I am but also who I was and who I'm going to be. Fashion to is not only a statement of ones brand and wealth but rather more importantly of ones personality and culture.

Gainesville Fashion Week has been a life changing experience. The people I've met have really become an inspiration and their accomplishments have become my goals and dreams.

Love,
Chin2

Roberta:
Fashion and journalism have always played major roles in my life. Since I was young, my mom would keep magazines like Vogue and W around our house. They served as windows to a different world, a world where luxury is the standard.

At age 13, I traveled to Milan, Paris and London with my mom. We saw couture fashion shows in Milan and Paris. This once-in-a-lifetime opportunity sparked a flame that has motivated me to pursue a degree in Journalism, specifically the magazine track, from UF.

Since that summer, I’ve been back to Milan twice. I hope to study abroad in Italy, where some of the biggest names in fashion began. I’m excited to be interning with Gainesville Fashion Week 2013, and can’t wait for what’s to come.

Ciao! Roberta

Alyssa:
Eager to leave my uninspiring suburban home, I have been longing for the thrilling lifestyle of a journalist since middle school. I live for investigating, writing and reporting, but always with flair and a purple pen in hand.

As a child, I was captivated by the beautiful, glamorous and quirky world of fashion. Fashion is art, a transformative part of our culture that promotes creativity and individualism. A magazine hoarder, I dream of writing features for the same publications that have inspired me to be confident in myself and molded the way I look at the world around me.

Working for Gainesville Fashion Week is going to be a fabulous adventure that I hope to be a part of for the next four years.

Love Always, Alyssa 

No comments:

Post a Comment